Monday, November 15, 2010

Week1 Preplanning and Previsualization Phase1

Due to being unable to use a Wacom Tablet right now I can't come up with concept art for the upcoming level for the next few days. However, this will come next.

In the mean time, I'm currently occupying my time with various organic shapes attempting to get interesting results. This project is specifically focusing on organic modularity so I want to spend the majority of my time developing exactly that. Here are some of the more interesting results for this project:








As for the game design aspect of this, I've always felt that building vertically is more interesting than building horizontally, as a result, I want to emphesize on exactly that. It is my intent to make a symetrical level with the center point being a high elivation. In addition to that, I want both Player 1 and Player 2's spawn points to also be elivated high, with long corridors that stretch across into the center of the level.

Gameplay and battle-wise, this gives the player an opportunity to shoot down onto the enemy if the enemy is below, or inside the structure in the center. This also gives an opportunity for close-combat in the center while minimizing the time duration to encounter the opposite player.

Texture and Color-wise, I'm going to attempt to use red decals to resemble blood and/or veins. Large structures that can be walked on I want to have a grayish tone resembling bone. Various other forms of architecture I want Blues, Violets, and Greens to add more fantasy to the mix.

1 comment: